Heisel and Associates offers workshops for Home Study for Social Workers, Counselors, Psychologists, Chemical Dependency Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists. Our courses are designed for the intermediate to advanced level practitioner who is licensed to practice in their home state. Please click on the title of any home study to view an outline of the home study with the goal, intended audience, objectives, methods and author bio.
Here is what we currently offer: Click on the title of each one for an outline and access to the text.
Clinical Supervision: Combining Outcome and Process: 4 CE hours/Cost = $53:
Clinical Supervision With Difficult Cases: Using the Science of Change to
Enhance Effectiveness in Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment:
5 CE hours/Cost = $61:
Substance Abuse/Chemical Dependency:
Counseling Women Who Abuse Substances: 6 CE hours/Cost = $69:
1.5 CE hours/Cost: $22.50:
Children and Adolescents: 4.5 CE hours/Cost = $57:
Come: 4 CE hours/Cost = $53:
Appalachian Clients: 1 CE hour/Cost = $15:
Here is what you do to access our home study workshops:
1. You can click on the title of any of the workshops and view an outline. If the workshop interests you there is a link
near the top of the outline to access the text.
2. You can print off the text and read it whenever you want to, or you can read it while on the website.
3. When you are finished with the materials, print off the registration form, post test and evaluation form
for that workshop and complete the post test. The Registration Form, Post Test and Evaluation
Form are located at the end of the text for each Home Study. Make sure you give us your name,
address, phone number and email. We use this information to communicate with you and to
maintain the records the boards require of us.
4. Mail, fax or email the registration form, post test and evaluation form with your payment to "Heisel and
Associates". Home Study courses cost $15 per CEU/RCH for workshops which are approved for 1
to 3 CEU's/RCH's and $53 to $69 for workshops approved for 4 to 7 CEU's/RCH's . The various boards
require that we keep a hard copy of your post test.
5. If you are a Psychologist in Ohio you must give us your license number. This is required for interacting with the
Ohio Psychological Association and gaining approval for your CE Hours.
6. If you need to, feel free to contact us at 513-271-3923 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. You can take as long as you need to complete the workshop and take the post test.
8. Once we receive the materials we will immediately grade the test and email or send you a CEU form.
9. If you fail the test you can retake it as many times as you need to in order to pass.
Our home study workshops are approved by the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage & Family
Therapist Board of Counselors (#RCXX-048709), Social Workers (#RSXX-058716) and Marriage and Family Therapists
(#RTX-110501), by the State of Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board (PID#07-1113- 42PVN) and the Ohio
Psychological Association (Provider #311456289).
These home study workshops have been approved by the Indiana Social Worker, Marriage & Family Therapist and Mental
Health Counselor Board for Category I Continuing Education credits for Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists
and Mental Health Counselors (Registration #98000459A), and by the Indiana State Board of Psychology (Permit #98000465A)
for Category I Continuing Education credits.
We are now an approved provider by the Kentucky Board of Social Work (Sponsorship #KBSW-SP120020). (All of our home studies are
approved by the Kentucky Social Work Board except any home study which deals with Ethics or Clinical Supervision. Social Workers in
Kentucky are required to attend a live workshop to get their Ethics CEU's. Also, the Kentucky Social Work Board has very specific criteria
for clinical supervision and our home studies do not address those criteria). We are also an approved provider by the Kentucky Board of
Examiners in Psychology. Most of our home studies are approved by the Kentucky Board of Licensed Professional Counselors, the
Kentucky Board of Certification of Alcohol and Drug Counselors and the Kentucky Board of Licensure of Marriage & Family Therapists.
We apply for approval of home studies once each year and, because we add home studies regularly, not all of our home studies may be
approved. Contact our office for specific approval information.
American Psychological Association (APA):
We are now an approved provider for the APA (Provider #25995111). This includes home studies and live workshops.
National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC):
We are now an approved provider for the NBCC (Provider #6603). This is for home studies only.
National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC):
We are now an approved provider for the NAADAC (Provider #842). This is for home studies only.
11. We maintain a comprehensive record of everyone who has taken our workshops going back to the year 2007.
If you lose a CEU form we can quickly get you a new one.
All of our
home study workshops are copyrighted in the name of the author.
The materials contained in
each home study are protected by
12. In Ohio Social Workers, Chemical Dependency Counselors and MFT's can now get all of their CEU's/RCH's to renew
their license via home study: Would you be interested in Cheap CEU's For Home Studies Only?
Send mail to
email@example.com with questions or comments about this web site.