Would You Like To Be A Home Study Author?
Heisel and Associates sponsors home study workshops which can be purchased by professionals to meet
continuing education requirements. We are always interested in new material which professionals might
find interesting, informative and helpful. If you feel you have the ability to author home study workshops we
would like to hear from you.
Here are some criteria you must keep in mind:
1. The boards which approve home study workshops generally equate 1 hour of Continuing Education
with each 6000 words. Therefore you must have at least 6000 words to qualify for 1 CEU hour. If you
have 2 CEU hours you must have 12,000 words, and so on for each additional CEU hour.
2. The material must include up-to-date practice methods or information. And you must have experience
with the topic you are addressing. Simply having an interest in something doesn't make you an
expert. You have to demonstrate knowledge and competence in order to be approved by the boards.
3. You must be the author. You cannot plagiarize what other professionals have written. Quoting another
author about a particular point is OK, but not entire pages.
Here are some topics Heisel and Associates would be interested in:
HIPAA, Confidentiality and Clients Rights
Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
Client Centered Services
Treatment Planning and Outcomes
Legal Issues & Rights, Advanced Directives and Client Abuse & Neglect
Risk Assessment for Suicide and Violence
De-escalation Techniques for Suicide, Violence and Aggression
We are not limited to these topics and will consider any topic which interests you. There is not a specific
number of CEU hours which must be devoted to any of the above topics. You can also combine topics into
a single home study workshop.
How this might benefit you:
1. For each sale of a home study workshop you receive 50% of the gross revenue. For example, our
home study ethics workshop is good for 3 CEU hours and sells for $45. The author receives $22.50
for each sale. We pay these fees four a year - at the end of March, June, September and December.
2. You retain ownership of what you author. You can withdraw your home study workshop if you wish to.
Further, on our website, on the home study itself, and on our CEU forms you are clearly identified as
3. Once you author a home study your job is over. We do all the marketing, communicating with boards,
handling purchases, sending out CEU certificates, etc.
Some things we need from you:
1. We will need your resume in order to satisfy the boards which approve our home study workshops.
2. We will need a W-9 from you so we can pay you and communicate that to the Internal Revenue Service.
3. We need you to use Microsoft Word as your processing system and email your home study to
firstname.lastname@example.org. This makes it much easier for us to format your home study, add a post
test, registration form and evaluation form, and put it onto our website. Home studies which are not in
Microsoft Word and not emailed will not be accepted.
Contact Jim Heisel at 513-271-3923 (cell to cell, no long distance), or at email@example.com.
Send mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments about this web site.